All Around Best Everything Cookie Recipe with something delicious for Everyone……..
Looking for the All Around Favorite Cookie Recipe?
Well, here it is: the Best Everything Cookie Recipe with all your favorite ingredients. I call these Big Wyoming 10-Cup Cookies but you can name them anything you would like!
They are super easy to make and the recipe is super easy to remember! For all you Bakers, yes! the recipe is correct with just ONE cup of flour.
I know it seems strange to only add one cup of flour with a cup of shortening and a cup of nut butter……but, believe me, it works just fine!
Just one cup of everything! This is not going to be a long post but it is a good one! It is so easy to remember without having to even grab your recipe card!
Best Everything Cookie Recipe with 1 cup of Everything:
To Begin: get your cookie bowl and wooden spoon or your Kitchen Aide Mixer.
Next: you will only need a one cup measuring cup.
Add: one cup of each of the following (please feel free to add or omit anything that does not work for you)
NOTE: I have listed several options for some of the ingredients but remember to only use one cup for each of the 10 ingredients!
- Shortening: either Butter, Coconut Oil, Red Palm Shortening or other Shortening but only one cup total
- Nut Butter: either Peanut Butter, Almond Butter or Cashew Butter
- Brown Type Sugar: either Coconut Sugar, Brown Sugar or the equivalent of a brown type sweetener
- Raw Type Sugar: either Cane Sugar or White Sugar or the equivalent of a light colored sweetener
- 2 Farm Fresh Eggs
- Flour (I use Einkorn Flour 1/2 cup of Unbleached and 1/2 Whole Wheat)
- Oatmeal or Oats: either Rolled Oats or Regular Rolled Oats or Quick Oatmeal
- Chips: either Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips (I always use Semi-Sweet or Darker Chocolate Chips as the Milk Chocolate seem to be too sweet but see what works for you!)
- Coconut: either Coconut Shreds, Flakes or Small Coconut Chips
- Nuts: either walnut, pecans, peanuts, cashews or whatever you have on hand (I love using NOW Food Nuts and Seeds)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- and: NO Salt
This is super easy:
Cream: the shortening, nut butter, brown type sugar, white type sugar and eggs until fluffly.
Add: everything else in at once and mix until combined. Cookie dough will seem sticky. Do not be fooled into adding too much flour as they will be dry. (Bake a Test Cookie first!)
NOTE: this is a very important step…..please do a couple of test cookies prior to baking an entire sheet. We live at 7000 ft so baking needs to be adjusted on a regular basis. I always need to add a little more flour for all my baking. This is the standard recipe but adjust according to your elevation.
Drop: cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheet
Use a teaspoonful for normal size cookies, tablespoonful for large cookies and ice cream scoop full for monster size cookies on cookie sheet
Bake: 350° for approximately 6 for teaspoon size, 7 minutes for tablespoon and 8 for larger monster. Adjust baking time according to size of desired cookies!
Cool: on cookie sheet before removing (this is very important; if you try to remove the cookies too early, they will break!)