Each Day is Fresh & New……so let’s begin on the quest to…….be a bit more organized!!!
Quick Ways to Get Organized; some ideas to get you started…..
So, with each day being fresh and new, we all need to somehow get organized so as not to waste time.
Think ahead to have a rough idea of what my day will hold is totally helpful while still needing to be somewhat prepared for when things change or problems arise. Having plan is always good plus, having something like a Homesteader’s Planner is even better!
Not being a highly scheduled person can have its disadvantages which is why I find it super helpful to make lists. So, here goes with some ideas on quick ways to get organized. (now, just so you know…….these are goals to work towards……some days it just does not come together right. But that shouldn’t stop us from trying!!! All we can do is try……..♥
Make a List:
First of all, making a mental note of your “to-do” list for the day is always beneficial……..jotting this list down is even better! But, by far, the best of the best is to say these things out loud!!!
Make a list and say each item on the list out loud for yourself to hear……..do not think about it too much, just do it.
There is something about the spoken word that is extremely useful and purposeful.
The very first step is to think your goals for the day and then jot them down AND……then……..read your list Out Loud!!!!
Read your List Aloud:
” I want to……..now state all the things you hope to accomplish today !”
For those that really want that extra help, take a look at this for a big boost of Encouragement!!!
Now, think about the things that will go on my list, such as:
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner ideas (being frugal; I look in the refrigerator, pantry & freezer and use what I have on hand)
- Quick survey of household cleaning activities (do small everyday items and then (1) bigger cleaning project each day)
- Double check all appointments (doctor, dentist, meetings, service appointments, vehicle maintenance, etc.)
- Review Lawn and Garden Chores (such as: pick & freeze peas, pull weeds, water greenhouse, mover sprinklers, mow & weed-eat yard, etc……….).
- Check all emails and respond accordingly
- Check all phone messages
- Order online groceries (keep a running list of needed items: for online items. I wait until I have enough to earn free shipping on all purchases)
- Make list of phone calls and do all your call backs in a timely matter
- Keep a running tab of item that need to be purchased either at local hardware, thrift store, grocery, market or online
- Make a conscious effect to do something for yourself: read a few pages in your book or magazine, pick a bouquet of flowers, eat strawberries, set aside time to pray or call a friend…….
- Finally, research something at the library, in a book, in a magazine or online:
Learn to identify wildflowers, or find the best nutritional supplement, make a new cookie recipe, or start a handcrafted gift or project, or discover how to make your own Herbal Essential Oil Blends, or create a new salad dressing or memorize poetry…….do something that brings a sense of satisfaction to you!!!!!
- Finally, sleep well knowing that you have accomplished a lot in one day………….
The big key is to keep trying and keep learning!!!!
⇒3 Really Great Related Posts from my friend Carly:
Having Quick Ways to Get Organized involves some thinking and planning…..take a look:
- Panda Planner Pro – Best Daily Planner for Happiness & Productivity – 8.5 x 11″ Softcover – Undated Day – Guaranteed to Get You Organized – Gratitude & Goals Journal
- Panda Planner Color – Coloring Book & Weekly Planner for Productivity & Happiness – Weekly Layout, Daily Gratitude, Personal Organizer All-In-1! Softcover – 8.5″ x 11″- Undated Day – Guaranteed
Some days it will probably seems like organization will never be a part of your life but with practice, you will get it!!!! Little by Little……..
Simple Post on Easy Skin Care: Natural Makeup Routine for Everyday!
Finally, for all your family needs from kitchen to garden to wholesome toys to tools……
Lehman’s is your Go-To One Stop Store. Old Fashioned is Now New!!!!