~The Easy Way~
Learn the Easy Way to Have Fresh Berries all Winter…
Raspberries are a wonderful, beautiful & nutritious berry but because they are a soft fruit they
do not last long after being picked so…..
Freezing Raspberries is so Easy!!!!
These berries so delicious that it is definitely worthwhile taking the time to put some raspberries in your freezer………
Thinking about the wonderful ways to use frozen raspberries is fun………Smoothies, Coffeecakes, Warm Syrup for Pancakes, French Toast or Waffles, Frozen Berries for Ice Cream Topping or just simply grabbing a handful of berries……..year round!!!
Touch and taste of summer………so here is what you need to do:
Simple Steps to Freezing Raspberries:
- Pick or buy fresh raspberries
- Now, sort the raspberries taking out any bruised or damaged berries
- Place the unwashed, yes, unwashed raspberries on a clean cookie sheet
- Freezing them individually helps keep them from sticking together
- Please see the photo below on spacing idea
- Place the raspberry filled cookie sheet in the freezer being careful to keep in level
This works very well for Blackberries, too!!!!
Now, wait for the raspberries to freeze solid…………
Arranging Fresh Raspberries on Cookie Sheet
And……wait just a little longer to make sure they are completely frozen solid…..
Once the raspberries are completely frozen, take the cookie sheets out of the freezer and place the frozen berries in plastic quart size Ziploc type bags. If you do not like using these types of plastic bags, then you can try storing your frozen berries in quart size Ball or Mason Jars with screw lids.
Freezing in Ball Jars is a great alternative idea to using plastic bags.
Click here to order your Ball Jars.
Immediately place the sealed Ziploc bags or Ball jars back into freezer, being careful not to let the raspberries thaw at all.
The frozen raspberries need to remain Frozen so they stay individually separated which makes them so easy to take out the bag. You can take one, a handful or a cupful. Just rinse quickly under water prior to eat or using in recipes.
Here is a simple healthy idea that I make everyday for my husband’s lunch……it works so great for his lunchbox!!!!
If you are watching the amount of sugar in your yogurt, then consider simply buying or making plain yogurt and adding your own fruit and Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener
- Spoon the plain yogurt into a small 8 ounce canning jar (I use Nancy’s Organic Plain Yogurt)
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of Pyure Stevia Blend sweetener
- Rinse 5 to 6 of your frozen raspberries with water, shake off excess water, dry with towel
- Place clean raspberries on top of yo
- Top with a lid and put in lunchbox
Simple, delicious and healthy all in one!!! The cool thing is that frozen raspberries help keep the yogurt chilled until lunch time!!
Beautiful Healthy Raspberries!!!!
Freezing Raspberries ~The Easy Way~ will make for year around enjoyment of this super delicious, super healthy berry!! Once you try freezing raspberries, then move on to freezing blueberries and strawberries!