How to Bake Bacon….. Pre-Cook Bacon by Making Ahead is a super easy, super time-saving idea!!!
OVEN BAKED BACON……
If you are anything like me, morning time can be rushed and harried……so having bacon for breakfast was rare…….
But not anymore with my quick make ahead solution: pre-cook bacon by making ahead of time!!!
Pre-Cook Bacon by Making Ahead is a super easy, super time-saving idea!!!
Here are the super simple, super easy steps:
- Remove packaging from bacon (I like the Simple Truth Uncured Bacon)
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper like Unbleached Parchment Paper
- Place the strips of bacon on a wire rack in the cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes and then turn strips over to bake on other side for 10 minutes
- Check bacon to make sure each strip is fully cooked
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and place cooked bacon strips on paper towels to absorb excess grease
- Cool bacon strips completely on paper towels
- Take 2 sheets of new paper towels and lay one piece of bacon on the edge. Begin to roll each slice individually in paper towel
- Roll all slices up completely and place bacon bundle in a plastic bag and freeze until needed.
- To reheat: simply remove number of slices needed and reheat on skillet
- Save the bacon grease for your Homemade Doggie Biscuits
The first step in how to cook bacon in the oven is to remove bacon from packaging and place slices on a wire rack on parchment lined cookie sheets.
If you do not have a wire rack, simply bake directly on parchment paper lined baking sheet
Or, if you do not have a small wire rack, simply bake the bacon directly on the Parchment Paper.
Look at what my friend, Victoria, has done with her family’s budget…….
Grab Your Copy Here……..On Sale Now!!!!
Next, bake for approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn each slice over and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
Make sure each slice is fully cooked.
Take about 2 full sheets of paper towels and lay the first slice of bacon on the edge.
Fold over one time & lay another slice of bacon on the edge.
Continue until you have rolled each slice up in the paper towels.
Now put the bundle of pre-cooked bacon in a plastic bags and freeze until needed.
Reheat the bacon on a skillet or in a pan as you are making the rest of your breakfast……
First of all, gather your ingredients:
1 Cup Einkorn Flour
1 Cup Organic Milk
1 Farm Fresh Egg
1 Tablespoon Organic Plain Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Rumford, Baking Powder, 4 oz
1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, with a Wire Whip or hand mixer until well combined.
Lightly oil your waffle iron with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray. Ladle 1/2 cup of the batter on to the waffle iron. Bake until bubbles appear. Bake until the steam stops or the green light appears on your waffle iron. Carefully remove the waffles and keep warm while finishing this batch. Enjoy now or freeze for a quick healthy breakfast!
Here is a super fast Waffle Recipe that tastes similar to sourdough! These are a snap to make and so easy to freeze for busy mornings!
- 1 Cup Einkorn Flour
- 1 Cup Organic Milk
- 1 Farm Fresh Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Plain Yogurt
Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, with a wire whip or hand mixer until well combined.
Lightly oil your WAFFLE IRON and preheat according to manufacturer instructions. I like using an avocado spray to oil my waffle iron. Ladle 1/2 cup of the batter into the waffle iron. Bake until green light appears. Carefully remove your waffle and keep warm while baking the rest of the batch.
Serve Warm with Butter, Jam, Maple Syrup or Honey!! For an extra special touch, add a dollop of cottage cheese!!
Cooking and Baking from Scratch can help lower your Monthly Food Costs….This is so easy and such a great time saver!!!
Pin It for Later!!!