This easy breakfast sausage recipes can be made with pork or wild game. This Low Fat Wild Game Breakfast Sausage recipe works great with all types of wild game.
I have made this sausage recipe with Antelope, Mule Deer, White-tail Deer, and Elk. This recipe can also be used with Beef, Pork or Buffalo.
Absolutely the best of the best easy breakfast sausage recipe. It is mild but tasty!!!!
Low Fat Wild Game Breakfast Sausage
This particular recipe uses a small amount of pork for extra flavor. I use very lean cuts of pork such as pork loin or trimmed boneless pork chops. I have replaced the pork fat with Avocado Oil which makes the sausage so much easier to cook.
Avocado Oil is one of the best oils to cook with as it has an extremely high smoke point and thus used for sauteing and frying.
I have searched the internet and this is my favorite Coconut Sugar
And, my favorite Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
This recipe for Low Fat Breakfast Sausage can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled depending on how much wild game meat you have available!
EASY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE:
Low Fat Healthy Wild Game Breakfast Sausage
- 2 pounds Wild Game Meat cut in small chunks
- 1/2 pound Pork cut in small chunks
- 2 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Sage crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Fennel Seed
- Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Mineral Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 +/- cup Coconut Sugar Adjust to Taste
Mix together the pork game meat chunks in a large oblong non-metal pan.
Sprinkle garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, fennel, nutmeg, salt, and pepper evenly over meat.
Pour the avocado oil over the meat and spices
Sprinkle the Coconut Sugar over the meat
Mix everything together so meat and spices are completely combined
Set up grinder and grind sausage with the meat going directly into freezer bags.
If cooking right away, go to step 8. If freezing, go to step 10.
To easily form the sausage patties, rinse your hands in cold water. Divide the mixture and shape each portion into 2 1/2-inch patties. These patties can be cooked at this point or refrigerated or frozen until ready to use- Or- the sausage can be packaged in bulk 1 to 2 pound packages and frozen for later use.
To cook: Heat a skillet over medium high heat, add a little avocado oil to skillet. Fry the sausages on both sides until completely cooked through and golden brown, this is about 5 minutes per side. Drain and serve immediately with pancakes, waffles or eggs. Sausage patties can be fully cooled, wrapped, and frozen for microwave reheating.
To Freeze: place 1 to 2 pounds of sausage in quart size freezer bags. Remove air and seal.
Double wrap in Freezer paper for longer storage.
Thaw and cook as per previous instructions.
This sausage recipe is perfect for breakfast sausage, pizza topping, dinner sausage patties, tortillas roll-ups, etc……any recipe where you want use something more than ground meat.
Now, that you have your Low Fat Breakfast Sausage ready to go, think about making some delicious Easy Einkorn Flour Pancakes which by the way, taste like Sourdough Pancakes without all the extra work or even try Einkorn Fluffy Waffles!!! Also, look at Making Bacon The Easy Way!!!
::Homemade Sausage is perfect on: Homemade Pizza
Here are the super simple, super easy steps:
- Remove packaging from bacon (I like the Simple Truth Uncured Bacon)
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper like Beyond Gourmet Unbleached Parchment Paper
- Place the strips of bacon on a wire rack in the cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes and then turn strips over to bake on other side for 10 minutes
- Check bacon to make sure each strip is fully cooked
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and place cooked bacon strips on paper towels to absorb excess grease
- Cool bacon strips completely on paper towels
- Take 2 sheets of new paper towels and lay one piece of bacon on the edge. Begin to roll each slice individually in paper towel
- Roll all slices up completely and place bacon bundle in a plastic bag and freeze until needed.
- To reheat: simply remove number of slices needed and reheat on skillet
- Save the bacon grease for your Homemade Doggie Biscuits
Plus: Creamy Healthy Soft Butter Spread!!!
Take a step into the past for all your Homestead needs from kitchen, to garden to wholesome toys to tools……